Looking For A Patient C# Mentor

Updated on July 25, 2018 in Collaboration
Share on Facebook0Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+0Share on Reddit0
3 on May 11, 2018

About Me

Hey guys.

I’m a complete noob, but have been and will continue to put in some serious work learning programming.

I’m not as smart as most of you, and I would say my learning speed is significantly below average, but I am willing to put in the work in order to learn it and become good 🙂

For example, it took me 6-8 hours to learn and fully understand these videos

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nA2pSmBmvKg&t=4s

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=udoMi4mGYYw&t=193s

And even then I still have some questions, but I feel like they might be more intermediate and not complete beginner questions.

So yeah, I’m pretty slow, I have ‘brain fog’ or ADHD or something lol, my concentration sucks and it takes me an extremely long time to understand things. I am working on it and living a healthy lifestyle and will continue to keep working on it.

I am in the Unity Discord, and that is often helpful, although, sometimes I feel like their answers are a bit complicated and I still don’t get it lol. So I want to see if stuff can be simplified any more.

What Kind Of Mentor Am I Looking For?

Due to my slow nature of understanding, I am looking for a mentor who is fine with me asking a lot of questions, who is patient, and who can explain things in a simple as possible way. I know programming is not simple and things are situational, and you can’t just dumb an answer down and simplify it because it doesn’t work like that in every situation, but I’m looking for someone who can try to explain it in full yet as simply as they can. It would also be great if they were pretty active on Discord, so I can ping them whenever I’m online. And if they could voice chat, that would be a pretty nice bonus too!

I will always try to Google or YouTube the answer first, I am not one to usually ask things I can figure out myself easily.

What Is My Goal With Programming?

Well, I am working on ideas for my own project, and I want to create a game and give the money to people who need it more than me and do good in the world.

So yeah, that’s my long term goal. I am in the process of researching the top revenue generating mobile games and taking useful ideas and information from them (by taking I mean stealing mwohaha :D) and building an idea for my game. I don’t have a specific idea yet, but I know it’s probably going to be mobile  and it’s probably going to be multiplayer, due to how big those markets are.

On week days I get about 2 hours a day to learn programming, but on Saturday and Sunday, I am looking to dedicate around 14 hours a day to learning programming.

In a few months from now I will leave my job to potentially persue programming full time.I have even thought about working with a team, as the ambitions I have for a game are quite large and will require more hands.

What can I offer you?

Well, as a noob who works a 9-5 job not much lol. I won’t be offering money, however, if you are in the process of making a game, when I am better, I will help you build a portion of your game as a thank you (anywhere from around 2-20%).

Also, if you genuinely enjoy teaching people, it will feel fufilling helping a noob learn programming and seeing them grow, kind of like your own child :D. Especially because I will be developing my own game which you will most likely see and I will most likely bug  you about with some more questions lol. And also it will be fufilling because I will be using the money for a good cause 🙂

You would be very welcome to working on my game with me in the near future. And I would be very happy to share my ideas with you about helping other people in the world. P.S. I give some really fucking good life advice and direction lol.

An oppurtunity to grow as a person. If you want to develop certain skill such as learning how to simplify things, patience, or something else, why not use this as an oppurtunity? It won’t be easy if you don’t have those traits naturally/already, but it definitely possible to develop them, and those skills can only benefit you in life.

Interested?

Drop a reply below with your Discord if you’re interested.

Alternatively, you can just directly add me on Discord: Jedi Arron#6992

• Liked by
  • StevenKO
0 on May 12, 2018

24 hour bump 🙂

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 2, 2018

I’m new as well but would be happy to help if I ever can. Sometimes teaching is the best way to learn and I’m pretty good at finding answers. Not sure how to network on here but feel free to message me or whatever!

• Liked by
Cancel
0 on July 25, 2018

happy to help. 30+ years of coding experience, recently retired, love unity.

• Liked by
Cancel