it’s been a long time since the last update, which you can check here: http://oldforum.brackeys.com/thread/vr-wheelchair-labyrinth/
Now we have a very first functionalty test version for you. This means the game is far away from the finished state, but we are making progress.
DOWNLOAD HERE: MEGA.nz
The game is playable for Windows and should also be playable for Mac and Linux.
You can play it in VR with a HTC Vive and the movement controller or with mouse/keyboard or gamepad. The game is also playable non-VR, but then you can’t interact with the objects yet.
IMPORTANT VR FUNCTIONS:
- hold both menu buttons for three seconds to reset your position to the wheelchair
- you can change the left and right hand if both movement controllers are very close to each other
- wheelchair controls has two modes: First, grab the wheels directly (exhausting with time). Second, press the touchpad to let the wheels rotate.
- grab by holding the trigger button
What is in there:
- only the main room which will be used as the main menu; so we want to avoid any UI
- the player and wheelchair model
- some objects to interact with (brick, glow stick, chains, signage, lever), but only in VR-mode until now
- a little buddy of me, so don’t get scared of him
What can you test for us (voluntary):
- Does the game works with an Occulus Rift?
- Does the game starts on a Mac or Linux OS?
- Is the wheelchair movement in VR with movement controller fumbling or okay?
- Is the control with mouse/keyboard or gamepad fumbling or okay?
- Does the interactale objects behave realistic?
- Is anything strange happening? (glitch, bad performance,…)
Any kind of feedback or ideas are welcome. Thanks!